Wednesday, April 14, 2010
352 field
On Tuesday, my 352 class went to field at New Castle High School. I have been waiting for this day all semester since I am a graduate of New Castle High School! As soon as we got there my old principle and all of my PE teachers were all so welcoming. It was good to be back. We went on a tour of the school and the teachers explained what we will be doing these next 3 weeks at New Castle. I cannot belive how much the PE curriculum has changed for the better. When I was in high school, the PE program was not all that good but now it is 100% better! The kids are doing yoga, playing cornhole, and doing jump stretch! Oh to be back in high school again! I am anxious to go back tomorrow and for the next 3 weeks :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I currently am also in 352 field and I love the New Castle High School. Everyone is so welcoming and nice. The past two days I have been playing putt putt, Wii sports and DDR. I enjoyed playing putt putt with the students and was able to teach about the names of scoring. Today I was had the opportunity to play DDR with Mrs. G. I could not ask for a better group of physical education teachers.
ReplyDeleteI haven't taken 352 yet but I will be in it next fall and it is good to hear about your positive experiences in it so far. It is great to hear that your high schools PE program has changed a lot for the better. I can only hope my high school's has as well. When I went there the PE program was not to great and PE was only mandatory for freshman and sophomores. Hopefully this transition is happening in a lot of schools and we can be a part of it once we are out teaching.
ReplyDelete