Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Scheduling
Scheduling is one of the most stressful things that Slippery Rock University has to offer. There has to be an easier way! I am going to be a senior in the fall and I scheduled last week for my last semester of classes before student teaching. However, I was unable to get into two classes that I need (one being a summer class) because they were all filled! I understand that professors are stressed and are busy as well, but they are getting peaid to help us out, so they should! That includes, answer our emails, especially if we need their classes to graduate! I am paying to get a good education, and I believe scheduling should NOT be this stressful on us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You said it...There definitely has to be an easier way to schedule and to get the classes we need. For example, everyone needs the gymnastics class and there's only 1 section for it that holds like 20 students! If an entire major needs this class, how the hell does SRU expect us to graduate on time and even get into this class. Impossible. You would think that the next logical step would be to ask the professor to sign them into the class but noooo they won't have any of it. I wish it was easier as well.
ReplyDeleteI have had the opportunity to schedule early most of my college career and I have still experienced multiple problems. I once had my schedule done for a week and found out that I was dropped out of a class in my major. At this point I could not add any additional classes because everything was filled. I will have to give Slippery Rock University some credit for their scheduling process. I have seen colleges where you have to stand in lines for hours to get into classes. Thankfully this year I did not have any problems.
ReplyDelete